PROVIDING GOODS AND SERVICES TO PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
Browns Cleaners is committed to excellence in serving all customers including those customers that have a disability. For any customer that canít access a store depot for any reason we have an in home pickup and delivery service Call 613-913-7369.
We want to ensure that people coming into our stores can use their own personal assistive devices to access our goods and services and if they canít, ask them how we can help them.
We will communicate with people with disabilities by talking directly to that person in a normal, friendly and professional manner. Once the disability has been identified our customer service rep will choose the appropriate method in which to communicate with them or ask the person how we can best communicate with them.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have the person accompany them on our premises.
Browns Cleaners will provide training to its customer service reps and any other staff that comes into contact with the public. Training will include the following:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard.
- Browns Cleanersí plan related to the customerís service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person.
- Staff are required to read in full and answer questions on our PowerPoint presentation which covers our policy. Staff are also directed to view the videos on Ontario.ca/Access Ontario web site.
Contact us by phone 613-235-5181 and ask for Carole our customer service manager or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and help us help you.